Gently open the parchment paper, unfolding it into the full heart shape. So full of flavor! I think you will really enjoy this simple, yet impressive little dish!
Happy Valentines Day (well almost)! Trying to stay healthy with your honey? This little dish really packs in a lot of flavor with just a touch of heat.
I bought a big bag of tilapia at Costco the other day and I am also trying to eat more healthfully. I came across this little recipe and it sure is a winner. Easy to prepare and delicious. You could pair it with quinoa, brown rice or sautéed veggies. Your sweetheart will love the heart shaped parchment paper, just tell ’em it was certainly made with love.
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 green onions (white to pale green only), finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili in garlic sauce or sambal
- 1 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil OR extra light virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos or soy sauce (I just don't like using soy in my food :} )
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (make sure you use this, it really does add a lot of flavor to the dish
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tilapia fillets 5-6 ounces each or you can use any other firm-fleshed whitefish
- 2 8x11 inch parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all topping ingredients into a small bowl, gingerroot to honey). Gently whisk together.
- Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Place one fillet on each cut-out parchment paper (of course you don't have to cut it into a heart, but it is valentines day :)
- Divide the topping equally among both fish fillets.
- Crimp the two sides of the parchment paper, sealing it closed and crimping it tightly.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with quinoa, brown rice or your choice of vegetables.