- 3- ¼ cup cake flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (about 3 small lemons)
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pure lemon extract
- 1- ¼ cup buttermilk
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare three 8x4 inch loaf pan, cutting parchment to fit bottom of pans, then spray with cooking spray.
- Place loaf pans on a baking sheet.
- Whisk together the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar and lemon zest until fluffy. About 4 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down the bowl once they have all been added.
- Beat in sour cream, vanilla and lemon extract.
- Add flour mixture at low speed, alternating with the buttermilk and ending with the flour.
- Mix until just combined, do not over mix
- Divide batter evenly into the three pans. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with just a few moist crumbs, and cake bounces back at the touch.
- Let loaves cool on rack for about 30 minutes before drizzling with the frosting
1 cup powder sugar
2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
zest of one lemon
In a small bowl combine all the ingredients, mix until smooth. Drizzle over top of cooled loaves.