I’m not sure why I only make these cookies around the holiday season. They are so scrumptious that I should make them year round.
Maybe it is because they look like little snowballs.
They’re not too sweet, not too big and they go perfect with a cup of tea or coffee. This recipe also makes a lot, so it is perfect for a family get together or for gift giving.
First you need to beat your butter in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium high speed for 30 seconds (need to get it a little fluffy). Add the sugar and salt, mix until it is combined. Add in the vanilla and flour and pecans.
Yep, that’s it.
Take a tablespoon and measure out the dough, roll into balls and place on cookie sheet.
Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for about 12 minutes, or until bottoms just begin to brown. Let cool enough so you can touch them.
You’ll want them just a little warm so that the powdered sugar can “melt” onto the cookie.
Give them a good roll in the powdered sugar until all sides are coated.
Is’t he cute!
These are perfect little bites that will delight your palate. It is like a little pecan shortbread.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Powdered Sugar for sprinkling on cookies (I roll them in the powdered sugar)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter in large mixing bowl with electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar and ¼ teaspoon salt beat till combined.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Stir in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in pecans.
- Shape slightly rounded tablespoons of dough into balls. Place 1-inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for about 12 minutes or until bottoms just begin to brown. Transfer to wire rack; cool.
- Roll in powdered sugar. Makes about 50 small cookies. Perfect for gift giving for the holidays